We are so excited that you're eager to be part of a writing community. Many writers find that having a Writing Buddy helps them to stay motivated and enriches their writing experience.
Buddies are fellow writers who you can send requests to be connected. Buddies have to approve the request, but once they do, you can start messaging one another.
To find a buddy, you will have to know their username. You can search for and add a buddy by doing the following:
- Type their username into the search bar at the top left of the page
- Click on the search icon or hit "enter"
- Click on the username or avatar of the buddy you wish to add-- this will take you to their page
- Under the avatar, click on "Send Invitation"
If you are having trouble searching for or being found by a buddy, here are some troubleshooting tips:
If you can't find one another in a search:
- One or both of you may still need to verify your account(s)
- One or both of you may need to change your account settings to "public"