To update your word count for your project:
- Make sure you're within the bounds of the dates you've set for your goal.
- You should see a + icon in your navigation. Click this.
- Fill out your word count in the menu that drops down. You can choose to update your total word count, or just add the words from your recent writing session to your total.
- You can also add additional details if you'd like to track more statistics as you write!
Update your word count as frequently or infrequently as you’d like. We recommend a daily update! Currently, you cannot update the word count for a project unless it has an active goal attached to it. See also: how to set a new official or independent goal, or how to set a new goal for an existing project.
Not seeing the novel you want to add a word-count update to when you open your word-count widget?
Adding word counts from previous days:
- Click "My NaNoWriMo" in the main header navigation and go to your stats page.
- Make sure you've selected the correct project and goal (underlined in red in the example below).
- Click the "+ Add new update" link to add word counts from individual writing sessions, including ones from previous days.
- If you make a mistake or need to delete a total for some reason, click the trash can icon next to to the right.